Thursday 16 January 2014

Magazine Inspiration...

Because I am creating a Pop magazine, I thought it would be beneficial for me to look at other magazines that are sold within the Pop genre segment. These magazines below are the ones i personally found most appealing and will use for my inspiration:





As you can see, these magazine covers all have similar colours. I like the bright colours as they take my sttention away straight away. All of the artists featuring on the front cover are fresh faced and beautiful. They all have little effects added on to them as well like for example: flowers and little hearts drawn on their face. I want to do something like this on my main artist because i think it's unique and different. 

The magazine covers in general look effective because they aren't particularly cramped and over full with different details. You are aware of the main story inside and still informed about other articles that will be inside without being overwhelmed with everything on the page. We are able to see, especially on the first image, what is available for us to win - everyone loves a good competition! I think these really are ideal Pop magazines for me to use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment