Friday 17 January 2014

Further Double Page Spread Analysis...

Moving on from the AS Student's work on Double Page Spreads, I've decided to look into real music Double Page Spreads and analyze them to use them as inspiration:

I like this Lana Del Rey double page spread featured in Q Magazine. Although this magazine is created for and Alternative type of music, I can still use the ideas from it to suit it to my magazine. What I liked most about this is the simplicity. It's so plain and simple but still really stands out. The black and white font looks classy and elegant, it is also easy to read. I also like the photo of Lana Del Rey. There has been an effect put on it to make it look darker and there is circle shapes surrounding the edge of the photo. This contrasts with the elegance of the text as she looks mysterious and seductive - especially because she isn't looking into the camera, she is looking towards the ground. I The giant "S" shape also adds effect too. I will try and create something like this because i think it looks really unique. This is what the double page spread looks like:

No comments:

Post a Comment