Thursday 10 October 2013

Magazine Font (Headline) Analysis Task...


In lesson we were looking at how different fonts are crucial to the designing of a magazine. As you can see, these are all the same magazine but with different fonts. I have been analyzing which fonts suit the style of the magazine and the main headline. These were my results of my top three:

I think the best font for the headline is E. This is because the headline "Christina Aguilera: Machine Mutha!" suits the font. The font looks almost like it is mechanical in the sense it looks bold and machine printed. Machine printed relates the word "Machine" in the headline. Whilst looking bold, i think it looks very classy and chic. It's a plain font which is easy to read. This is effective because when you produce fonts that are very curly and look handwritten (like font D) it can be difficult to read. 

The second best font for this magazine cover in my opinion is F. This is because it looks quite similar to type E. It is bold yet classy and chic just like the genre of the magazine. I think that customers would be easily be influenced to buy the magazine from things like font, this is because the customers want to know what sort of font they're going to be reading etc. as I've said sometimes it can be difficult to read - which would put you off buying the magazine. 

The third best font for this particular magazine is A. This is because of the reasons I've listed above. The rest of the fonts, especially D, do not relate to the headline of the magazine nor the genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment