Thursday 10 October 2013

Magazine Cover Designing Task...





Here i have uploaded 5 magazine covers. I've added the appropriate codes and conventions tot he five templates including things like font and language techniques. This has been great preparation and practice for when i start making my own music magazine.

M - Drake: I have tried my best to make the front cover of this magazine look quite Hip Hop and Ghetto like. Drake is a rap sensation and mainly appeals to teenage boys/men. To appeal to this target audience i have included a picture of Rihanna who would appeal to the boys/men especially a free "pull out poster" would attract them to buy it because she is a big sensation and very beautiful too. The font on the front cover looks very informal. It is also easy to read. 

M - The Rocky Roaders: I have based this magazine around the 90's. To fulfill this theme have used a lot of different colours such as red, pink, green and blue i think this stands out and would attract the readers in. The font is bubbly and fun like the 90's. The fact it is a limited edition would attract the readers attention so they would know its a "one off" copy. 

Music_X - Bjork: I have kept this music magazine front cover very plain. I have only really used the colour of white on this cover. This is because i think the person on the front cover looks quite mysterious and the white is connotative of things like ghosts.

Pitch - Marilyn Manson: I have used a Gothic  blood like font in the colour red as the colour red connotation is death, blood and gore. I think this suited the magazine theme because the artist on the front cover is a Gothic artist. This would appeal to the people who liked that sort of music.


Sound - Kings Of Leon: I have kept the font quite edgy and rocky but not too much rocky and edgy because of the type of band Kings Of Leon are. I've mainly the used the colours white and red because the connotation of them is pureness and passion, like how the bad are they passion about their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment