Friday 18 October 2013

A First Attempt At A Music Magazine...

From the ideas and research i have developed so far, I decided to try and create the front page of a Pop Magazine. This is how it turned out:


I have created this as part of my planning and I am very pleased with it. I used the Q magazine below featuring Cheryl Cole as my inspiration, I have stuck to the colours red, white and black which I think are classy and not to bias in the sense that they wouldn't just appeal to either boys or girl. because I thought that "Kirstin" would mainly attract male attention, I included a pull out poster of Justin Bieber to appeal to the girls. I have tried to make the font classy, yet informal and I think it has worked out well. There aren't too many sub headings which would make the magazine cover look crowded and take away the attention of the star who is supposed to be the main focus. I have used the left third to my advantage and I think it has paid off. Although I could improve the photograph in regards to editing I am pleased.



I have also created this Contents page. I have tried to keep the same colour scheme as the front page to keep it realistic although I have used a spot of yellow too to attract the attention of the readers and a matte grey background to make everything on it stand out and look almost 3D. I think it looks quite realistic although I could do more in regards to to the quality of the images, I could try next time to crop around the edges rather than keeping them rectangular. Overall I am pleased with the end result but I understand that there is a lot still to be done to make it look better and professional.


I have also created a double page spread as this is what i will be creating when i have finished all of my planning etc. I am happy with this double page spread. First of all, it relates to everything on the cover and contents so it is realistic in that sense. I have used the colours pink and blue for two reasons. Number one is because: pink mainly attracts the attention of girls and blue the boys. I also used these colours because the pink matched Kirstin's lipstick and the blue matched her top. I think this made the spread look more professional and thought about. Although there is no red on this page like on the front cover and contents i have still used black. I think this gave the magazine a bit of change, because looking at the same thing over and over again can become boring and uninteresting and my aim is to keep the readers attention. There are things i could do to improve such as crop the photo around the actual outline of the model and work on the background so it doesn't look so matte but over all i am pleased with my first draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment