Saturday 19 October 2013

Experimenting With Photographs...

Recently I have been looking at the different photographs included in magazines, especially the photographs featured on the front page, contents and double page spreads. What I have noticed is that they are edited; some photos are in black and white, some only have things like lipstick and hair in colour etc. Because I want my magazine to look professional and realistic I have decided to practice editing photographs. This will help me for when I come to create my actual, final magazine cover, contents and double page spread. I have practised editing the photograph below using Paint.Net which will be the programme I create my magazine with.

This was the first, original photograph taken.
This photograph was not edited in any way:


I doubled the image by flipping it 360 degrees. I then turned the brightness down. This made the features look darker; especially the hair, eyelashes, t-shirt and lipstick. This would be beneficial when on a white background as the picture will look vivid, bright and very clear.


I then decided to change the colour into black and white. I think this looks very chic and classy, I think it would look very effective on maybe a very busy background, this is because it would have such a contrast. Black and white is quite old fashioned and vintage. However it can also look edgy and rocky.

It turned out very useful in practising different editing techniques on Paint.Net, I am happy with these edits. I will carry on exploring the different effects after completing some more research.
I think the last magazine post I uploaded (MRW); the photograph could of been a lot better, that;s mainly why i made the decision to experiment here. This will mean that the next draft magazine I create, the photograph will look a lot more professional and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment