Friday 6 December 2013

Research...

Before I start my first draft of my real Font Cover, Contents and Double Page Spread, I did the last bit of research I needed to make sure I fully understood the "Pop" genre, as this is the definite genre I am using for my magazine. This is what I found out:

"What we know of today as "pop" or popular music evolved in American society over many, many decades. Pop music, which accounts for the majority of the music on today's charts, is an eclectic mix of many different styles of music from jazz to country; rock and roll to rap; be-bop to hip-hop. Pop artists such as Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Outkast, Madonna, Maxwell, and others routinely blur the lines of these musical genres with their award-winning tunes. These artists push the boundaries of what is considered "cool” and "hip" and constantly re-invent the medium. For this reason, pop music has helped make the music industry a multi-billion dollar a year business, one whose influence is reflected highly in all forms of today's media including film, video games, TV, and the internet. Pop music is also a cultural force that resonates throughout the world, touching people and societies in ways those governments or politics cannot."

I am now confident in being able to start my own magazine as I am now fully aware of the "Pop" genre and what it's all about. I will be able to use this information when I am creating my own magazine because it will keep me on the right track in the design work of it. I will be able to refer back to it if i needed to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment